World's Worst 100 Websites

A cruise around the lowlights, lowlifes and utterpointlessnesses of the internet... with added popular-things-which-are-not-very-good.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Seven Years On

This blog was put together a few years ago when I was researching a humorous article on websites for a computer magazine. The idea that there could be a worst 100 websites is, of course, ridiculous. The sites I chose were plucked almost at random, though I Googled for some specific terms and tried to find some sites I'd remembered visiting previously. These sites did not deserve to be labeled the worst in the world (well, maybe one or two), and I hope the list is taken as a piece of humour, rather than a criticism of the hard work entailed in running a site.

The result is this list, which is now undoubtedly out of date, as is the article I wrote about it at the time.

In general, you'll find me these days on twitter - @ashleyfrieze - and you can find my blog on www.incredible.org.uk and my stand-up comedy on www.ashleyfrieze.co.uk. Drop by and say hi if you're passing my corner of the internet.

Ashley

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You didn't even *try*. Why?

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ashley Frieze said...

I put a fairly large amount of time into this. I did it several years ago as an article for a computer magazine I was paid to write. The angle I took for the article was to find a variety of relatively interesting sites that I could send-up while illustrating the diversity on the internet and giving people a reason to look at those sites.

Since "the worst website" moniker could never really be awarded on the basis of any objective measure, I didn't feel I had any need to be so thorough as to rate the 3 billion pages known to Google at the time.

That said, I think I did apply some sort of scoring system to identify the order in which I published them. I can't really remember. It was done in 2006!

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home